[linux-audio-dev] softwerk moves on

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Thu Jul 15 23:40:27 UTC 2004

>CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/include/gtk-1.2 -I/usr/include/glib-1.2
>-I/usr/lib/glib/include"
>
>and add -lgtk and -lglib to the final linking.

thats odd, i'll check it. i use pkg-config to get the libs needed, and
they should be included. on my system they show up automatically. what
does

	pkg-config --cflags gtk+

output for you?

>(couldn't you just get rid of the bundled libs and use the system ones?)

i only include C++ libraries because i am not willing to deal with
compilation issues raised by the way C++ works on linux. i've been
bitten too many times with this, and i'm just not prepared to deal
with it again. as i've said with ardour, if someone submits a patch to
add a configure-time option to avoid compiling+using the included
libs, i will merge it, but i will not support the result.

>P.S.  I was going to get some coding done and make a release today, but
>your stupid sequencer put an end to that.  Gee, thanks Paul. :)

glad to be of service.

--p