[linux-audio-dev] softwerk moves on

Dave Robillard drobilla at connect.carleton.ca
Thu Jul 15 23:54:09 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 19:40, Paul Davis wrote:
> >CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/include/gtk-1.2 -I/usr/include/glib-1.2
> >-I/usr/lib/glib/include"
> >
> >and add -lgtk and -lglib to the final linking.
>
> thats odd, i'll check it. i use pkg-config to get the libs needed, and
> they should be included. on my system they show up automatically. what
> does
>
> 	pkg-config --cflags gtk+
>
> output for you?

Oooh yeah, I forgot I kludged the configure to avoid pkg-config.  My bug
reporting skills need some work. :)

pkg-config --cflags gtk+ works.. IIRC, the configure script was
complaining about not being able to find gtk.pc, but the file is
actually gtk+.pc (my PKG_CONFIG_PATH was set correctly..)

> >(couldn't you just get rid of the bundled libs and use the system ones?)
>
> i only include C++ libraries because i am not willing to deal with
> compilation issues raised by the way C++ works on linux. i've been
> bitten too many times with this, and i'm just not prepared to deal
> with it again. as i've said with ardour, if someone submits a patch to
> add a configure-time option to avoid compiling+using the included
> libs, i will merge it, but i will not support the result.

Seems to work for every other project out there... I'm sure you have
your reasons though.  Particularly with ardour, I'd be avoiding as many
annoying problems like that as I could too.

-DR-