[linux-audio-dev] softwerk moves on

Dave Robillard drobilla at connect.carleton.ca
Fri Jul 16 00:35:07 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 20:24, Paul Davis wrote:
> >Seems to work for every other project out there... I'm sure you have
>
> which c++ projects are you referring to?

I don't know.  I will say for certain that not every single GNU/Linux
C++ project out there bundles gtkmm and friends with it.

However, I have absolutely no intention of starting a debate or
questioning your motives.  You, sir, may build your projects however the
heck you please. :)

Since ardour is aiming to be a "professional" DAW, it probably is a
really good idea to bundle everything up in one nice package and say
"here, THIS works solidly" even if it is a little too reminiscent of DLL
hell

-DR-