[linux-audio-dev] softwerk patch

Dave Robillard drobilla at connect.carleton.ca
Fri Jul 16 00:55:40 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-15 at 20:28, Paul Davis wrote:
> >I got softwerk running, but couldn't for the life of me figure out how
> >to change the step values (other than middle clicking which makes them
> >all 127).  Looking at the code, doesn't look like there's even anything
>
> they are text entry widgets. just click or use TAB/right or left
> arrows to navigate, then enter new values.

Ah, I see.  I read the manual first, and the old left-click /
right-click behaviour polluted my mind; never considered typing.

> >Soo I added mousewheel support, which is the way I'd rather do it
> >anyway.
>
> excellent idea. mousewheels didn't really exist widely when i started
> this, and i tend to still forget about them.

Yeah, I'm somewhat glad I didn't discover how they work. :)

With a clicking mousewheel (like my logitech) it's really nice -
accurate and fast.  Should be good for live use.

(Hmm, fiddling around just now I see there's some focus issues, you have
to click the box before the wheel works.. damn)

-DR-