[linux-audio-dev] Is ladspa actually la-dsp-a? Is JACK the ultimate solution?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Jun 8 10:51:49 UTC 2004

Hallo,
Marek Peteraj hat gesagt: // Marek Peteraj wrote:
> Usability - as each host provides it's own UI for the same plugins,
> there's really no usability at all. The true beauty about VSTs is that
> they have the same visual appearance no matter which application you're
> using. That's rule #1 for having usability at all.

I disagree. I really hate probably 95 percent of the VST GUIs I saw on
screenshots. If I was forced to use on of those eye-candy,
hardware-lookalike, un-ergonomic interfaces for LA-DSP-A plugins, I
would probably stop using them.

I use LADSPA plugins a lot in Pd, and there I just hide those controls
I don't need (often because they are updated by scripting), and make
those I do need much larger and colorful. Even just having to handle
lots of small applications windows instead of my clean (to me) reduced
Pd GUI (like http://footils.org/images/show.png) would really annoy
me. So votes-- for GUI Ladspa. ;)

Ciao