[linux-audio-dev] Is ladspa actually la-dsp-a? Is JACK the ultimate solution?

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Jun 8 16:41:27 UTC 2004

On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 08:40:54 +0200, Marek Peteraj wrote:

> > > How much DSP code is non-ladspa in JAMin? (approx. in %-age?)
> >
> > 90%
> >
> > The non-ladspa DSP code is 3800 lines (not inc. libraries), the LADSPA code
> > (including preamble, not libraries) is < 400.
>
> Which part of that DSP code would be impossible to implement separately
> as ladspa?

Not impossible, just not efficiently. The EQ, xover and metering is all
combined together as they share a lot of internal (non time domain) data.
LADSPA can only input and output time domain audio data and control data.
Neither is appropraite, so you would have to do a lot of (expensive and
high latnecy) conversions before the inputs and outputs of each plugin.

- Steve