[linux-audio-dev] Project ideas?

michael tewner tewner at jct.ac.il
Tue Jun 8 19:49:39 UTC 2004

I like the idea of putting together a linux visualization system (maybe
something more usable in a studio or in research than psychodelic
effects).

I remember the program that came with my first SGI machine. Coolest thing
ever!

I just 'gotta find a way to do something "different." Perhaps using the
linux sound architecture is enough to get the project OK'ed. I'm pretty
sure, though, that if I use enough precision, I could present it as a
research tool... Or I could compute in parallel...

...and I get access to an SGI (linux SGI? Blasphemy. As much as I like
linux, Irix is just....errrr...cute.)

Thanks for all the ideas!
--mike

Nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter quite like unrequited love.
		-- Charlie Brown

I'm off to find myself, if I return before I come back, please tell myself
to wait...