[linux-audio-dev] [OT] marketing hype

Marek Peteraj marpet at naex.sk
Thu Jun 10 00:53:38 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-06-10 at 00:34, Jan Depner wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-06-09 at 19:27, Marek Peteraj wrote:
>
> > >  If you want to organize something go ahead and organize it, but
> > > please don't tell me that I have to conform to some consumer driven
> > > vision of the great commercial future of Linux Audio.
> >
> > Sorry to criticize still, but you're participating in linuxaudio.org
> > whose current aim is to do exaclty that. ;)
> > Which i'm not saying is bad, the opposite. I think that a lot of
> > valuable work has been done so far(if only technology-wise) and i think
> > it's a pity to leave it like that.
> >

> 	I'm doing that because I was interested and everyone else was already a
> member for another project.  I will do whatever I can to help out but
> it's not the driving force in my life.
>
> > What's wrong about saying hey were cool, want to join us?
> > Here are the standards we worked out and we use, this is how they work,
> > this is where we meet and discuss, this is where you can learn a thing
> > or two.
> >

> 	There's nothing wrong with that and I agree with some of your points.
> I just think you need to chill a bit.  A good dialog has been started.
> Contribute positively instead of negatively.

Jan, i'm sorry but if say negative words about a few things, is it
negative contribution? I'm only naming things which i see as a real
problem. I feel that the threshold for criticism is low and every
criticism is viewed as negative.

Otherwise it would be pertty easy to digest even trolls. Which sometimes
too can be very educative. Believe it or not.

I'm honest. that's all.

Marek