[linux-audio-dev] [OT] marketing hype

Jan Depner eviltwin69 at cableone.net
Wed Jun 9 22:34:50 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-09 at 19:27, Marek Peteraj wrote:

> >  If you want to organize something go ahead and organize it, but
> > please don't tell me that I have to conform to some consumer driven
> > vision of the great commercial future of Linux Audio.
>
> Sorry to criticize still, but you're participating in linuxaudio.org
> whose current aim is to do exaclty that. ;)
> Which i'm not saying is bad, the opposite. I think that a lot of
> valuable work has been done so far(if only technology-wise) and i think
> it's a pity to leave it like that.

	I'm doing that because I was interested and everyone else was already a
member for another project.  I will do whatever I can to help out but
it's not the driving force in my life.

> What's wrong about saying hey were cool, want to join us?
> Here are the standards we worked out and we use, this is how they work,
> this is where we meet and discuss, this is where you can learn a thing
> or two.

	There's nothing wrong with that and I agree with some of your points.
I just think you need to chill a bit.  A good dialog has been started.
Contribute positively instead of negatively.

Jan