[linux-audio-dev] [OT] marketing hype [was: Is ladspa actually la-dsp-a? Is JACK the ultimate solution?}

Dave Robillard drobilla at connect.carleton.ca
Thu Jun 10 16:40:33 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-06-10 at 10:54, Michael Ost wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-06-10 at 06:39, Dave Robillard wrote:
> > That nice you think I should want proprietary software to get developed
> > for linux.  Well, I don't.  IMHO that amounts to throwing away the
> > single advantage "we" have, which sounds pretty stupid to me.
> >
> > Go develop proprietary software on OSX or something.
>
> I guess this counts as a flame...? Wow. What vitriol. Tone it down if
> you want a discussion.
>
> - mo

You're right, and I apologize.  But I was kind of trolled, and insanely
bored. :)

Not that I wasn't being truthful though - I really don't want
proprietary software anywhere around here (freedom's pretty much all we
have), but that's just one man's opinion, take it or leave it.

I just don't like being told I "should" want cubase for linux or
whatever.

-DR-