[linux-audio-dev] [OT] marketing hype

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Thu Jun 10 23:35:25 UTC 2004

>Hallo,
>Steve Harris hat gesagt: // Steve Harris wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 09:26:54 +0200, Frank Barknecht wrote:
>> > Better use Mutt, it sucks less.
>>
>> In all seriousness, all the non elm/mutt apps I've used dont let me go
>> though my mail quickly enough. The ability to switch inboxes, delete big
>> swathes of threads I dont care about and save sutff I do it vital to me.

<paul returns from a week away>
% f +gtk-in
% rmm cur-last
% f +gtkmm-in
% rmm cur-last
% f +new
% rmm `pick -from wine-devel`
% rmm `pick -from xdg-list`

and then i can put all those commands in script and next time just do:

% clean-mail

that's what i call a mail client.

better yet, i can use it from any point on the internet that i can get
shell access.

the one disadvantage is the lack of a persistent on-screen listing of
a mailbox tends to lead them growing without bound. my inbox has 2000
messages in it that i kept because they were of some
importance/interest. a GUI mail client would tend to force me to look
some way back into the past :)

--p