[linux-audio-dev] [ANN] New releases of Aeolus and Jaaa

Fons Adriaensen fons.adriaensen at skynet.be
Sun Jun 13 21:58:47 UTC 2004

New releases of Aeolus and Jaaa are now available at

  <http://users.skynet.be/solaris/linuxaudio>

Aeolus-0.2.0
------------

- bugfixes,
- some new stops,
- added tuning and temperament controls,
- added controls for tremulant speed and intensity.

Still no manual :-( but it's coming...

This will be a stable release for some time. The next major step
is to add the 'chiff' generators, and this will require a lot a
research and work. First step is to make recordings of real pipes
and analyse them to find the noise spectra. I'll probably be
making recordings of the Metzler organ in the Antwerp cathedral
during the coming months. Then it's back to the drawing board.
The target is to make this work for LADconf 3...

Jaaa-0.1.0
----------

Some bugfixes, no new features. Adapted to the new shared libs,
see below. There's a minimal manual in the README.

Shared libraries

libalsadrv.so used by earlier releases is replaced by clalsadrv-0.0.1,
libclthreads and libclxclient have been are upgraded to 0.0.2.

Please delete all earlier versions of these libs, they are now useless.

The so-names are now correct, and Aeolus and Jaaa will link with the
 *.so.0 files. I had this completely wrong in the first release
(thanks to Fernando for complaining about this :-).

--
Fons