[linux-audio-dev] Knobs / widget design (radial movement)

Fons Adriaensen fons.adriaensen at skynet.be
Sat Jun 26 07:36:26 UTC 2004

On Fri, Jun 25, 2004 at 07:55:50PM -0400, Pete Bessman wrote:
> At Fri, 25 Jun 2004 23:28:35 +0200,
> Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> >
> > > so that I can compare it against the mouth-breathing crow-magnon
> > > music created with shiny-quarter interfaces.  I'm sure the results
> > > will speak for themselves.
> >
> > They do, but maybe not in the direction you imagined. And cro-magnon
> > times are well in the past.
>

> I'm lead to believe it would be in the *exact* direction I predicted.
> Avant garde on the one hand, "normal" on the other.

What is "normal" ?

> If you like avant garde, and you prefer avant garde tools and lean
> interfaces, that's 100% A-OK.  But your particular preferences do not

I have an increasing difficulty in just understanding what you try to
say. Could you explain the terms

- mouth-breathing
- crow-magnon (sic) music
- shiny-quarter interfaces
- A-OK (is that the opposite of OK ?)

> render your criticism objective (or useful).  A sneer is a sneer, and
> if that's all you have to add, your input is worthless.

Where is the criticism ?
Where is the sneer ?

I made the observation that educated people usually do not mind having
to learn something. So if there is a widespread aversion to having to
learn and read a manual, that seems to indicate that education levels
have gone down.

--
FA