[linux-audio-dev] [ANN] First public release of Lindrum v 0.5.1

guenter geiger geiger at xdv.org
Mon Mar 1 12:07:51 UTC 2004

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Still I probably won't test Lindrum :(
> as I didn't test Hydrogen,

I don't quite understand this attitude. Testing hydrogen would involve
apt-get install hydrogen, start it and listen to the demo song.
Probably soon the same will be true for lindrum.

Of course it would have been better if the two developers would have
built a team and improved one drum sequencer instead of duplicating
functionality.

Lack of collaboration is one of the weaknesses of the free software
development (peculiarly enough it is considered one of its strenghts),
especially with audio software.

Just count the amount of software synths, audio languages, editors,
and then look at their quality and usability.

Guenter