[linux-audio-dev] +momentary, consolidated (ladspa.h.diff)

Jesse Chappell jesse at essej.net
Mon Mar 8 22:09:21 UTC 2004

Tim Goetze wrote on Mon, 08-Mar-2004:

 > [Taybin Rutkin]
 >
 > >How should a host deal with a port that is MOMENTARY, but not
 > >TOGGLED?  What would the UI be?
 >
 > a pushbutton emitting the default value for the port is a possibility.
 > another is a pushbutton and a slider/knob for setting the value to be
 > transmitted when pushed. yet another is a sensitive peak meter-like
 > object transmitting the amplitude at which the user clicked the
 > object.

Also, to take an example from sooperlooper, its multicontrol port
would be a MOMENTARY and ENUMERATED port.  An ideal UI in its case would
likely be a bunch of buttons, one for each enumeration....  but
a generic host might make it a combobox and single button.

I believe Taybin's concern is what would a generic host be
expected to do?   A very good question, but whichever host comes
up with the best answer wins :)

jlc