[linux-audio-dev] RME totalyser clone ?

Jan Depner eviltwin69 at cableone.net
Sat Mar 20 13:08:19 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-03-20 at 07:06, Cournapeau David wrote:
>     - Does this kind of stuff already exist on linux ?
>     - As I'd like to make the program work on linux and win32, I didn't
> see many choices for the GUI toolkit: wxwindow and gtk/gtkmm. I heard
> that gtk/gtkmm doesn't work well on win32 plateform, is it true ?
>     - I feel confortable with the pure DSP part of the soft, but as I
> don't have real experience in GUI programming, the GUI part seems more
> difficult. Where to start to handle waveforms drawing, level meters ? If
> I am using wxwindow, I know I can look at the sources of audacity, but
> other sources would be useful.

Take a look at JAMin (http://jamin.sourceforge.net).  We don't have the
goniometer but we do have the spectrum (in two versions).  Also, if
you're proficient in C++, Qt (http://www.trolltech.com) ports to all
UNIX, all Windoze, and Mac OS/X platforms.  It's a very well designed
GUI toolkit.  I use the GPL version at home and the commercial version
at work.

Jan