[linux-audio-dev] RME totalyser clone ?

Cournapeau David cournape at enst.fr
Sat Mar 20 15:39:30 UTC 2004

Jan Depner wrote

>>Take a look at JAMin (http://jamin.sourceforge.net).  We don't have the
>>goniometer but we do have the spectrum (in two versions).

looks great, kind of what I'd like to do. But if I want to make it works
on windows,
I cannot use directly JAMin. Because of windows, I'd like to use
portaudio for I/O, which
seems pretty straightforward to use.

>> Also, if
>>you're proficient in C++, Qt (http://www.trolltech.com) ports to all
>>UNIX, all Windoze, and Mac OS/X platforms.  It's a very well designed
>>GUI toolkit.  I use the GPL version at home and the commercial version
>>at work.
>>
>>Jan

I would prefer using QT instead of wxwindow, but again, because of
windows, I cannot use it: there is no QT non-commercial edition on
windows as far as I know.
Gtkmm seems great, but I heard many bad (unfounded ?) rumours about
the win32 port.

cheers,

David