[linux-audio-dev] (web-based) interactive sound art?

Francois Dechelle Francois.Dechelle at ircam.fr
Wed May 5 08:28:20 UTC 2004

Hi,

To be clear, I didn't want to start a flame war about proprietary vs.
free software. I completely understand your reasons for using Flash or
Java and I agree with you that today there is no free equivalent of
Flash or Java plug-in.

About the OGG alternative, it requires installing a plug-in which is
free software and very easy to install. May be a smooth transition path
would be to propose both MP3 and OGG with a note explaining people why
OGG is better and how they can easily install the OGG plugin.

fd