[linux-audio-dev] kernel 2.6.6 just out

Richard Bown richard.bown at ferventsoftware.com
Wed May 12 13:43:45 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 12 May 2004 14:22, Alfons Adriaensen wrote:

> I've been using a standard SuSE 9.0 (2.4) for about six months now,
> and it performs very well for audio work.

Are you using the stock 2.4.21 kernel?  Any idea how to enable capabilities on it?
I've been playing around with SuSE 9.0 over the last couple of days and with an
SBLive am only get reasonably xrun-free performance with jackd at 2048, 2 periods.
I'd like to enable caps and use jackstart to see if that makes a difference but after
a couple of days of prodding about only found one oblique reference to modifying
CAP_INIT_EFF_SET and CAP_INIT_INH_SET in include/linux/capability.h.  Even then the kernel
I ended up building wouldn't boot - my usual standard of kernel build I hasten to add..

Any clues?