[linux-audio-dev] LADSPA proposal ...

Uwe Koloska koloska at voiceinterconnect.de
Mon May 17 18:18:46 UTC 2004

Jack O'Quin wrote:
> Fons Adriaensen <fons.adriaensen at skynet.be> writes:
 >
>>LISP is quite nice actually, but you'd need a complete LISP engine to
>>read it...
>
> That wasn't really a serious suggestion.  The libguile.so.12.3.0 file
> on my system is over half a meg.  Would all the LADSPA hosts be
> willing to add that and whatever else it entails to their memory
> footprint?

If this is the only contro for lisp/scheme there are some nice and
small implementations that are made especially for embedding and
reading of configurations.  Stupid me I can't remember the nicest
and tiniest one of them :-(((  Will look into it.

But I found:
- http://www.cis.rit.edu/~jerry/Software/lithp/
   This is a basic, tiny LISP implementation. It was created to be a
   configuration/logic file format for a game I am working on.
- http://tinyscheme.sourceforge.net/home.html
   TinyScheme is a lightweight Scheme interpreter that implements as
   large a subset of R5RS as was possible without getting very large
   and complicated.

Uwe

--
voiceINTERconnect www.voiceinterconnect.de
... smart speech applications from germany