[linux-audio-dev] LADSPA proposal ...

Dave Robillard drobilla at connect.carleton.ca
Mon May 17 18:53:42 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-05-16 at 19:59, Taybin Rutkin wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-05-15 at 03:23, Joern Nettingsmeier wrote:
> > sure, libxml2 is huge, but almost everybody will have it in memory
> > anyway, since it's used by other programs.
> >
> > imho, xml *is* very human-readable if the DTD is sane and the output
> > is pretty-printed. and it's already defined, all the tools are in
> > place, and changing the DTD is a matter of writing a simple XSLT for
> > the users to convert their old versions.
> >
> > so ++xml.
>
> I agree.  For metadata, XML or RDF is where it's at.  ++++. :)
>
> Taybin

Ditto.  Standard, ubiquitous, obscenely large number of tools to work
with it, double plus good.

Minor gripes about it being (objectively) not nice to read (or "bloated"
or blah blah) are trivial compared to the advantages.

Then again, the libxml2 dependancy is an issue.. not sure what I think
about that one.

-Dave