[linux-audio-dev] Info required: FLAC on W*****S

Alfons Adriaensen fons.adriaensen at alcatel.be
Tue May 18 14:24:14 UTC 2004

Hello list,

I'm involved in a (friendly) debate on the surround sound list.
One the main contributors of this list, Angelo Farina (univ. of
Parma, Italy) wants to make available some interesting 4-channel
recordings he recently made. The distribution format has to be
lossless. I already pointed him to FLAC and the Windows tools
available for this format. He tested these and has some objections:

- The codec does accept WAV, but not WAV-EX files.
- There seems to be no Windoze player that can handle
  4 channels FLAC files directly.

I'd like to exert some gently pressure towards an open source
format, but then I'll need some answers to these problems.
So if anyone has some information about this, I'd like to
know. All this may be a bit OT, so maybe the best thing is
to contact me by email.

TNX,

--
Fons