[linux-audio-dev] Problem modprobing latency-test module for the latency benchmark: rtc -> no such device

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at fuse.net
Mon May 24 02:47:34 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I've been trying to benchmark my notebook with the latency-test. However,
after a successful compile, instructions tell me that I need to install the
latency-test module before running tests. Yet, if I do modprobe
latency-test, computer complains about rtc module saying "no such device"
and ultimately fails to install the latency-test module which depends on
rtc. I am using 2.6.5-mm5 kernel with some additional patches, none of which
should necessarily affect the real-time clock (is that what rtc stands
for?). The processor is mobile amd64 and the kernel when either compiled for
i586 or K8 chips exhibits in both cases the same symptom. OS is Mdk 10.0
(community with all the patches that should bring it up to par with the
official release, at least I think so).

Any ideas?

Ivica Ico Bukvic, composer & multimedia sculptor
http://meowing.ccm.uc.edu/~ico/