[linux-audio-dev] Linux Live CD (Audio)

Phil Kerr phil at plus24.com
Thu May 27 19:39:51 UTC 2004

Although this is is still *very* much an alpha release you may want to
have a look at m-dist.

http://www.plus24.com/m-dist

Highlights:

2.4.25 with Andrew Morton's LL patch, enhanced RTC, ALSA and a few
other things
Jack 0..9.8
Ardour
MuSE
QSynth
P1639d
Ecamegapedal (and a bunch of LADSPA plugin's)
and other bits.

One of the nice features of Linux Live is the copy2ram feature that
loads the whole dist into RAM, making it very stable and fast :)

The release on the website, alpha3, is mainly a kernel test and
although it's functional there are still a lot of nits to sort out.

For the moment have a look if you are adventurous and want to bug-hunt.

-P