[linux-audio-dev] QSynth/fluidsynth having problems with looped soundfonts

ico at fuse.net ico at fuse.net
Wed Nov 3 04:12:17 UTC 2004

Hi all,

Just a quick question before my tomorrow's presentation. I am hoping to be able to present fluidsynth/Qsynth but one of the issues I encountered using two different versions of fluidsynth and a number of soundfonts is that the sound of soundfonts is fine until they begin to loop (i.e. long flute sound eventually starts to loop the sample) and then at every loop cycle there is a kind of a clicking noise as if the loop points are either badly designed (unlikely, since I tried 5 different soundfonts that were downloaded from different places), there is something weird with the tested versions of fluidsynth, or this is a bug?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Best wishes,

Ico