[fluid-dev] RE: [linux-audio-user] Fwd: [linux-audio-dev] QSynth/fluidsynth having problems with looped soundfonts

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Thu Nov 4 23:38:06 UTC 2004

Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:
> Thanks for a fast reply!
>
> One of the soundfonts I tried was the flute soundfont from the
> soundfonts.it. The direct URL to the soundfont is:
>
> http://www.soundfonts.it/exec/zkdownload.pl?file=1115-FLUTE__Large.zip
>
> It’s also available on this page:
> http://www.soundfonts.it/?a=soundfonts&c=10#10
> (it's the 2nd sound from the top)
>
> The sound is fine until the vibrato comes and the sound starts looping.

Errm... can't sense any noticeable click, at least as you reported...
listened to all programs of "1115-FLUTE__Large.SF2" while stuffed under
qsynth-0.2.2/fluidsynth-1.0.5, thru jack and vkeybd (alsa_seq). The only
thing I found, at first glance and worth to note, is that the chorused
patches seems to saturate very easily, but that's all.

As an humble suggestion, and towards to raise some evidence, you can edit
a simple SMF that exposes the trouble you're mentioning? Then, you can
render it to a raw audiofile just as follows:

   fluidsynth -a file 1115-FLUTE__Large.SF2 <filename.mid>

and pickup the rendered audiofile as fluidsynth.raw. Check it out.

Cheers.
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc at rncbc.org