[linux-audio-dev] Low-latency audio over IP

Fernando Pablo Lopez-Lezcano nando at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Fri Nov 12 19:30:24 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-11-12 at 01:25, Asbjørn Sæbø wrote:
> I am working on what is called "distributed multimedia interaction", one
> purpose of which is to investigate possibilities for ensemble playing
> by remote parties, distributing the audio over IP networks.
>
> A crucial point is to achieve audio transmission with very low latency.
> If anyone could provide me with information on, or pointers to,
> open-source software for doing this, I would be grateful.  (I have
> started to roll my own, but I can hardly defend duplicating work
> unnecessarily.)
>
> Other comments are of course also appreciated.

See: http://ccrma.stanford.edu/groups/soundwire/

I see this has not been updated in a while, but Chris Chafe is actively
working on the project, see a recent event (AES demo) here:

http://ccrma.stanford.edu/~cc/soundwire/aes04/demo.html
Or more stuff in Chris's page at:
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/~cc

-- Fernando