[linux-audio-dev] Re: Tascam US428 Hangup

Karsten Wiese annabellesgarden at yahoo.de
Sun Nov 14 23:31:32 UTC 2004

Am Sonntag 14 November 2004 09:57 schrieb Spencer Russell:
> I got the latest alsa-drivers from CVS, compiled and installed
> them, and it's still freezing up. I can have the modules loaded
> for as long as I like, but it's when I start jack that it seems
> to have problems. Most recently, I started qjackctl, it worked
> until I started Ardour, at which point qjackctl died. I killed
> and restarted jackd, and as soon as I started jackd my computer
> froze. Every time it freezes like this, my caps lock and scroll
> lock lights blink together. I got the same -11 error message
I think the blinking is just a sign for a hard crash.
To know the exact reason, you have to set up a second machine and run a "serial console"
or a "netconsole" on it. See kernel Document tree and linux-kernel list. An archive site:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel.

> again, but this time it happened a few minutes before the freeze,
> the first time I started jack.
>
> I ran xmms with the alsa output plugin and after a minute or 2
> the audio stopped with the message on syslog:
> kernel: ALSA usbusx2yaudio.c:211:
> usb_submit_urb() returned -11
> kernel: usb-uhci.c: uhci_submit_urb: pipesize for pipe f0000 is zero
> kernel: ALSA usbusx2yaudio.c:211: usb_submit_urb() returned -90
> kernel: usb-uhci.c: uhci_submit_urb: pipesize for pipe f0000 is zero
> kernel: ALSA usbusx2yaudio.c:211: usb_submit_urb() returned -90
You might ask on the linux-usb-devel list about this, an archive of it is at:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-usb-devel

Some chipsets are tricky. My via PIII box will only host us428 on the "extra" USB-header thats on the mobo.
The "normal" one on the back of the case doesn't do it. (though the "normal" doesn't crash neither)

Also you might file this all at:
https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug

In any case please supply the outputs of lspci and lsusb.

regards, Karsten