[linux-audio-dev] Tascam US428 Hangup

Uwe Koloska lad at koloro.de
Sat Nov 20 21:46:39 UTC 2004

Hello all,

good news!  I have succeeded in making my us-122 work!  Heureka and Hurrai and
thanks to all that has helped!

Am Freitag, 19. November 2004 19:42 schrieb Karsten Wiese:
> > Hope to get it installed on my SuSE 9.2 (the last time I tried to
> > build only the alsa-drivers, it hicks up with many errors I wasn't
> > able to resolv)
>
> You can setup a standard suse kerneltree and only copy the usx2y subdir's
> content from alsa1.0.7/alsa-kernel/usb/usx2y to
> suse9.2kernel/sound/usb/usx2y. I think....;-)

unfortunately not -- the code seems to use some features not present in the
SuSE Kernel, that is a heavily patched 2.6.9 (that is said to be near
2.6.10rc2).

But the full installation of alsa-drivers-1.0.7 worked like a charm;
  ./configure
  make
  make install     # or better 'checkinstall'

and then the us-122 was able to in/output Audio and Midi -- wow!

Now I am testing all the wonderful audio applications ...

I have found some problems:
- qjackctl (0.2.10) cannot stop jackd after a audio graph has been established
  i have to kill it manually (but not as root)
- the same is true for some jack clients I tried (aeolus, freqtweak)

> to be really shure, that you have an OHCI (and not UHCI) device you can
> look at/mail here the outputs of
>     $ lsusb

for the record:
this has to be "lsusb -v" -- otherwise information about OHCI, EHCI or UHCI is
not given.

I will add my experiences to the wiki page.

Have a nice time making music with linux
Uwe Koloska