[linux-audio-dev] impulse convolution LADSPA plugin

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Nov 24 16:39:13 UTC 2004

On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 04:07:13PM +0000, Stefan Turner wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> This is my first post, apologies if it's not on topic
> or obvious, but I was wondering if anyone is aware of
> a LADSPA plugin for impulse convolution. The only
> thing I have found is Steve Harris's impulse
> convolver, which is intended for 'fairly short'
> impulses and they need to be compiled in anyway. If
> there is nothing out there, I will have a go at this:
> just wanted to check first.

It would be more practical to do it as a DSSI plugin, LADSPA has no way to
indicate that you want to load files during runtime, and no UI.

In DSSI you can load the impulse in the "UI" process, perform the FFT on
it and send it ot hte DSP code with configure(). Once there the DSP code
can the overlap-add/save on it.

- Steve