Behringer [was Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] RME is no more]

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Sun Nov 28 21:10:31 UTC 2004

On Mon, Nov 29, 2004 at 09:27:46AM +1300, Eliot Blennerhassett wrote:
> So, what is the difference between our current offerings and what you'd like
> to see in a "pro audio card"?

I don't see any gross difference except the input/output connectors.
Bundle the 5042 or 5044 with adapters or breakout boxes, and price them
roughly in the ballpark (allowing for feature and/or spec differences)
with M-audio's Delta 1010LT and 1010, and you might have another market
to tap into.  Worth investigating anyway.

That's a pretty low price target, though.
The Delta 1010 can be had for $500 new; the 1010 LT for considerably
less.  Another point of comparison would be Echo Layla for ~ $700  US.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com