[linux-audio-dev] 3D fft analysis program

Fons Adriaensen fons.adriaensen at skynet.be
Sun Oct 3 15:02:34 UTC 2004

On Sun, Oct 03, 2004 at 09:56:24AM -0400, Dave Phillips wrote:

> I'm hoping that you're thinking of a realtime display, in which the
> peaks roll off to create a true waterfall effect.

Hi Dave,

I've been thinking of adding such a mode to JAAA. How do you think it
should look ?

1. For each new spectrum, the previous view is scrolled upwards by some
dy, then the new spectrum is plotted erasing everything below it,

2. Or as above, but scrolling up and left, giving a sort of perspective
view,

3. Or any of these, but without erasing below the new spectrum.

--
Fons