[linux-audio-dev] USB sound card for Mac and PC

Jens M Andreasen jens.andreasen at chello.se
Wed Oct 6 21:44:04 UTC 2004

On ons, 2004-10-06 at 10:23, Clemens Ladisch wrote:
> Pamplemousse Mk2 wrote:
> > Is there any USB sound card compatible with both Mac and PC under Linux?
>
> The sound drivers run on all architectures.  You can use any supported
> device.
>
> > My sound card would be used essentially for full duplex recording, and
> > sampling in live with software that I code or buy. Could someone give me
> > name of good USB soundcard?
>
> Edirol devices are good (but not cheap).
> Have a look at <http://www.qbik.ch/usb/devices/>.

Edirol is a division of Roland (one of the three founders of midi) and
are by inheritage bound to follow standards.

Whatever you buy, look for (how to say?), look for an indication that it
will work in MacOS(X) without any additional install of drivers ...
Which translates into that the device is "standards-compliant" and
*should* work out of the box with your Linux box (or for that matter,
any host aware of usb sound and/or midi)

/jens