[linux-audio-dev] qjackctl port list

Fons Adriaensen fons.adriaensen at skynet.be
Sat Oct 9 17:05:31 UTC 2004

On Sat, Oct 09, 2004 at 06:48:29PM +0200, Florian Schmidt wrote:
> On Sat, 9 Oct 2004 15:13:16 +0200
> Fons Adriaensen <fons.adriaensen at skynet.be> wrote:
>
> > Is there any way to stop qjackctl from re-ordering a client's ports
> > in its connection dialog ? IMHO the author of a client probably had
> > her/his good reasons for the order chosen, and qjackctl should leave
> > this alone.
>
> what order? afaik there's no guarantee made by jackd to present lists of
> client ports in a particular order.

Are you sure about this ? How then are apps like qjackctl supposed to
list them in any logical order ? Alphabetical sorting will work in
some cases, but produce horrible results in others.

At least jack_lsp seems to list ports in the order they were created.

The practical problem I'm facing now is with multiple stereo outputs.
You'd expect L1, R1, L2, R2, etc. but qjackctrl first gives you all
the left, then all the right outputs.

--
FA