[linux-audio-dev] Re: realtime-lsm in the kernel

Jack O'Quin joq at io.com
Wed Sep 8 04:42:35 UTC 2004

Lee Revell <rlrevell at joe-job.com> writes:

> Anyway if the author does not object, I would be willing to spearhead a
> drive to get this into the kernel.  I am sure they will approve as soon
> as 100s linux audio users voice their approval...

It's fine with me.  I agree that it makes sense, but have not been
willing to hassle with the LKML, myself.  Several others have
suggested it in the past, but no one was willing to push it through
the process.

If you do that, I'll help.  I have a version in my CVS working tree
that will build as a kernel patch with the appropriate Kconfig and
Makefile updates.  Please copy me on any messages you send to the
LKML, I'm not subscribed.

Torben was the original author, and I've been developing and
maintaining it since the end of 2003.  I doubt he will object, but he
can speak for himself.  :-)

Adding it to the kernel sources would probably make maintenance
easier.
--
  joq