[linux-audio-dev] FOSS-tools for realtime audio analysis?

mathias_lundgren at bredband.net mathias_lundgren at bredband.net
Wed Apr 6 13:52:45 UTC 2005

> From: Alfons Adriaensen <fons.adriaensen at alcatel.be>
> Date: 2005/04/06 on PM 01:00:45 GMT
> 	<linux-audio-dev at music.columbia.edu>
> Ämne: Re: [linux-audio-dev] FOSS-tools for realtime audio analysis?
>
> You may mave a look at JAAA, (JACK and ALSA Audio Analyser). This is
> realtime 'technical' (rather than musical) spectrum analyser,
designed
> to make accurate measurements. It will also generate sines and white
> Gaussian noise. It's at
>
> <http://users.skynet.be/solaris/linuxadio>
>
> You will also need some small shared libs available from the same
> place.
>
> I'm considering some additional functionality, and if you have any
> specific requirements I'd be interested to know.

Thanks! Actually, it's a friend of mine interested in something like
this. One thing that I know he was curious about was if it would be
possible to develop some kind of test-case for external hardware, which
could give an indication of whether something is wrong with it or not.
>From just taking a peek at it, I'm getting the impression that this is
mainly a graphical tool (which is really cool). Anyway, he's not afraid
of hacking if this is what he's looking for. Are features like these
anything you've considered/already implemented/interesting?