[linux-audio-dev] FOSS-tools for realtime audio analysis?

Alfons Adriaensen fons.adriaensen at alcatel.be
Wed Apr 6 14:26:44 UTC 2005

On Wed, Apr 06, 2005 at 01:52:45PM +0000, mathias_lundgren at bredband.net wrote:

> From just taking a peek at it, I'm getting the impression that this is
> mainly a graphical tool (which is really cool). Anyway, he's not afraid
> of hacking if this is what he's looking for. Are features like these
> anything you've considered/already implemented/interesting?

It's graphical, but designed to get accurate numerical results.
I wrote it to test sound card and other hardware: frequency response, noise,
distortion etc., and also to analyse real sounds for one of my other projects
(Aeolus).

Things I'm considering to be added are memories (e.g. to compare traces),
a spectrogram display (similar to the one made by carmen), input from sound
files with 'transport' control, and direct output to PNG files.

Concerning the latter, does anyone know of a library that would convert an
X11 pixmap (or the contents of a window) to PNG ?

--
FA