[linux-audio-dev] Other real-time options

Iain Duncan iainduncan at telus.net
Fri Apr 8 21:04:23 UTC 2005

> As far as I see it, we'll at least get listened to by Con, Ingo and
> Andrew Morton. I've had a long discussion with Con recently and from his
> point of view, the problem is that not enough people ask (loud enough)
> for such features. For instance, I'm still the first and only user of
> his real-time patch.

This is a really good point. I mean, how many of the people on
linux-*user* have written to the kernel people making noise? How many
even know how to do that? I know I don't, and I know tons of musicians
are just starting to take a serious look at linux in the last year, so
the groundswell is starting to happen. ( Thanks to everyone on here whoo
hoo! ) Letter writing works. If you guys put a page up or a post on all
related forums explaining to us newbies and end users what kind of noise
we should make and how to make it politely and intelligently so it adds
weight to your request, I suspect a lot of people would be happy to
oblige, and I have a hard time believing it wouldn't have an effect. I
mean who doesn't want their work to be the world's best platform for
something?

Thanks
Iain