[linux-audio-dev] Other real-time options

Sat Apr 9 03:14:30 UTC 2005

> i would have though a petition from *users* who have gone through the
> hell of trying to set up their linux system for audio would be a *lot*
> better than, from what i can tell, is an already exhausted path ...
>
> i'm sure the maintainers/developers of linux audio projects could give a
> lot more *authority* but i'm sure us users could lend a lot more *weight*.

I think I may have spoken a bit too fast on this. Of course I think
users should be included too, though maybe in a second step, I don't
know. Of course, developers (and not only maintainers) should be
included too. The reason I originally said maintainers is that it in
fact means "this project votes for it", also implying all users.

> anyhow, why not do the obvious and combine the two approaches - the
> developers/maintainers can draft a petitionary letter to the Kernel
> developers, signed as you suggest "Speex maintainer" etc. this can then
> be put up on an appropriately set up website where LAUers can add their
> name in support ...

I think just developers/maintainers of many packages at the same time
should be enough. Otherwise, yes users will be the last resort (but it's
harder to get them all)

	Jean-Marc

--
Jean-Marc Valin <Jean-Marc.Valin at USherbrooke.ca>
Université de Sherbrooke