[linux-audio-dev] Re: [linux-audio-user] Concerning libfst, vstserver, and dssi-vst

torbenh at gmx.de torbenh at gmx.de
Tue Apr 12 18:05:03 UTC 2005

On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 01:16:39AM +0100, Steve Harris wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 11, 2005 at 09:14:58 -0400, Dave Phillips wrote:
> >    3. The dssi-vst bridge is still unknown to me because of issues with
> > RH9, and I've not had time to test it on FC3. But is there any general
> > feeling that dssi-vst is a better route to take, at least for the normal
> > user ? Btw, I like the DSSI API, but it seems slow in catching on with
> > developers. Is that perception correct ?
>
> Well, we dont really have any basis for comparison. There aren't legions
> of instrument developers clamoring for a plugin API, so theres no way to
> tell it its OK or not yet.
>
> I'm not particularly worried because LADSPA took some time ot tkae off,
> but it is one of the best plugin APIs IMNSHO. OSC seems to be gaining
> popularity, and thats a selling point of DSSI.

if you want vsts then use xfst.
it works out of the box.
builds with a make.

but remember: using vst is using the dark side.
and therefore xfst will by stay underground.

its only distributed via irc/mail !!!

i am tired of people using my programs without feedback !
the only thing i get feedback for is this stupid vst stuff.

dssi needs jacktransport awareness.
i will not waste dev-time badly needed for jack-midi and distributed
jack on vst !

--
torben Hohn
http://galan.sourceforge.net -- The graphical Audio language