[linux-audio-dev] This is what its all about.

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Tue Apr 19 14:39:02 UTC 2005

Hi Erik:

  Thanks for the update and info. It is a very exciting time for Linux
audio (despite the /. insistence on consigning our announcements to the
backwaters).

  I believe that such performances and recordings will eventually draw
manufacturer attention to the existence and viability of Linux as a
superior audio platform. In the meanwhile we'll just keep on keepin' on
as we always have until the cluetrain arrives at said manufacturers'
front doors.

  And thanks to you, Erik, for creating some of our most important
software. I'm happy to see that libsndfile has taken a well-deserved
place as a standard component in the Linux audio developer's toolkit.

  Please pass my regards and best wishes to all the Linux audio heads in
the land down under. IIRC we'll be in communication during LAC, so
perhaps we'll meet soon in the bitstream. :)

Best,

dp