[linux-audio-dev] This is what its all about.

David Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Tue Apr 19 17:22:00 UTC 2005

> Hi Erik:
>
>   Thanks for the update and info. It is a very exciting time for Linux
> audio (despite the /. insistence on consigning our announcements to the
> backwaters).

Seconded, sounds like a great event!

>   I believe that such performances and recordings will eventually draw
> manufacturer attention to the existence and viability of Linux as a
> superior audio platform. In the meanwhile we'll just keep on keepin' on
> as we always have until the cluetrain arrives at said manufacturers'
> front doors.

This is very true, having recently put on an event where everything was
done on free software (a few pics here:
http://www.pawfal.org/openlab/index.php?page=Openlab1Details) it was very
interesting to talk to people about linux and actually using it for
creative use. It all becomes less theoretical when they can see it all
working - we used a lot of projections of the software in use, as well as
more traditional visuals.

One comment: "I've never seen linux doing... so much!"

:)

dave