[linux-audio-dev] Tracktion, JUCE and Linux

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Wed Apr 27 14:50:29 UTC 2005

Jules,

First of all, welcome. Its really nice to have you around.

As you might already noticed, dual-licensing always raise eyebrows among
the F/OSS community whenever its brought onto the table. I'll not discuss
that, as I've already made my point and will. Others may find it a waste.
I don't. Period.

> Yeah, that kind of thing would be really useful. (I'm way too busy this
> week to look at it though).
>
> What I'll probably do is go through the audio stubs and add much more
> specific comments, explaining exactly what's expected of all the
> methods, and release that.

Please do. I've already took a peek on the Audio code and found it
feasible to proceed for a jack client interface implementation. As both
JUCE and JACK are callback based, my first idea goes for a ringbuffer
solution. We'll see.

> If people want to get into it more deeply, probably best to email me
> directly, as this is probably quite boring for the rest of the
> mailing-list.

Correct. That's what I will do, everybody rest assured. I'm also busy with
other projects, so things just will take its paces and time. ;)

Cheers.
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc at rncbc.org