[linux-audio-dev] Libs for reading/writing midis

Florian Schmidt mista.tapas at gmx.net
Fri Aug 5 10:19:12 UTC 2005

On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 11:52:44 +0200
Mario Lang <mlang at delysid.org> wrote:

> Reusability of code is a quite valid point, and I thought the OP's
> question was quite interesting.
>
> We shouldn't define ourselves in terms of what windows does.  Frankly, I don't
> care anymore, its now 8 years since I switched to Linux completely.
>
> libmidifile would be cute, is any of the existing codebases flexible
> enough so that it could be massaged into a nice lib?

vote++ to everything you said. dunno about any existing midi code though
flexible enough to be put into a lib.. After taking a glance at
rosegarden and muse's source it seems there's always app specifics
intertwined.

Wasn't a midi file pretty much a simple dump of midi events anyways?

Flo

--
Palimm Palimm!
http://affenbande.org/~tapas/