[linux-audio-dev] ALSA MIDI latency correction

Peter Brinkmann brinkman at math.TU-Berlin.DE
Tue Aug 9 12:34:45 UTC 2005

> The funny part is that you'll have to delay your external gear (that
> wasn't causing any problems) in order to approximately sync with your
> internal softsynths. Un-delaying the softsynths leads to all kinds of
> real-time/space confusion
Yeah, causality's a bitch. But seriously, delaying faster devices is not
a problem (in fact, it's what I've been doing all along; I was just hoping
that there might be a more elegant solution than the one I've found, hence
my message to this list). As I pointed out in my first post, I don't mind
a little bit of overall latency as long as my devices are in sync.
    Peter