[linux-audio-dev] Simultaneous Output Audio Engine?

Thomas Vecchione seablade at softhome.net
Thu Aug 25 02:09:32 UTC 2005

Ok so in my search for a good Widget library to program this with I
realised something...

I have a thing for eye candy;)

That being said I am wondering if there is a good widget library out
there that I could create 3d Widgets and use that would take advantage
of hardware acceleration if present?  Or if there is a better way to do
this?

Currently I am planning on using blender to create the various 3D
objects needed(Sliders, Buttons, etc) but I am looking to keep things
themeable in this program, I am aiming to create a polished looking
product with enough eye-candy to make it look nice, but not overboard,
thus I am not sure the best way to do this is to use 3d objects, I am
just not very good at grraphics persay and that is the easiest way for
me to create nicer looking graphics to use in widgets.  I suppose I can
render a shot down to a 2d image, but then I am still looking for a good
widget library that is easily customizeable.

Heh forgive the somewhat newbie questions on the topic, just havent been
able to find much information on the subject yet in my googling(Or
webcrawlering, or altavistaing, etc...)

          Seablade

Webcrawlering?