[linux-audio-dev] ALSA MIDI logger? (Was: Radio Scanner Recorder)

David Olofson david at olofson.net
Wed Aug 31 19:58:20 UTC 2005

On Monday 29 August 2005 11.58, Jens M Andreasen wrote:
[...]
> For the SMF part, you probably already have arecordmidi installed on
> your system. Ctrl-C (SIGQUIT) at end of file to terminate.

Doh! I did have a feeling that 90% of the code I need was right under
my nose... :-D

Thanks! :-)

> Perhaps modifying it slightly to treat start/stop commands as
> begin/end of file would be useful. Your appliction would then be a
> midithru, inserting midi-stop after a certain amount of inactivity
> and midi-start when you start playing again.

Or maybe just add the complete "auto split" feature to arecordmidi...?
If I'm going to hack it anyway, it might be easier to just do the
whole job there, as the basic ALSA "framework", build scripts and
stuff is already there.