[linux-audio-dev] Re: Replacement for my M-Audio Audiophile USB

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 14:46:35 UTC 2005

 > I record vinyl (new) on a very regular basis with my griffin imic.> Cheap usb gear if that's what you need. only 24 / 48k though. Sounds> good to me though.  I use ortofon needles and run the turntables> through my ecler mixer. All round sound quality is very good.
I'm taking a break from USB soundcards.  *grin*.
I purchased an Audiophile 2496.  Even though my first M-Audio productexperience sucked. There's loads of stuff about success's with the2496 and it's recording specs were almost just a good as theaudiophile USB.  Newegg had them for $89 bucks.
Thank's for the info.  Looks like I need to get an ortofon needle formy new Stanton turntable.  You are the 2nd person to call them out.
--Richard A. Smith