[linux-audio-dev] Linux DSP Hardware?

jipi jipi at cubicbottle.com
Tue Feb 22 04:41:31 UTC 2005

Hi All,

I was thinking,

we always have dedicated graphic cards for gaming/3D rendering etc..
why don't we have some h/w optimised audio algos running on some
FPGA/DSP/ etc...

on linux...

look at these.. are there simple/cheap/open versions of these?

http://www.lyrtech.com/DSP-development/audio/index.php
http://www.zpeng.com/Articles/Section1/digitalaudio.html
http://www.altera.com/products/devkits/partners/kit-ate-dmck.html
http://lts1pc19.epfl.ch/repository/Simeonov2004_737.pdf

what we require is a separate card which can take a few channels of
audio lines and process them in a cheap FPGA/DSP (put in your favourite
**HW LADSPA** algo).. and route them back to the main audio card..

of course I am for the idea of using clusters of linux PCs while some of
them do different types of audio processing,
but not everyone has access to more than 1 PC.. : >

jipi