[linux-audio-dev] Audio CD verification/error detection

Andrew Gaydenko a at etver.com
Wed Jan 5 02:30:41 UTC 2005

I mean, the last offical release is rather old, but is still
the best app of such kind (I think :-).

I and my friend have used it with many different CD drives (all with
IDE interfaces) without any problems (Teac, Mitsumi, NEC, ...).

Sometimes the app eats many CPU with kernel 2.4 (when a drive is configured
via SCSI emulation), but eats nothing with 2.6 (when a drive is
configured as IDE device).

Andrew
======= On Wednesday 05 January 2005 05:16, Lee Revell wrote: =======
> >Indeed, the (old-old) cdparanoia is the best, I think.

Just to clarify, did you mean that an old version of cdparanoia is
preferred, or just that it's an old program?

Anyway, your results will vary from drive to drive.  The best are
Plextor, you can rip very fast and reliably with them.

Lee